We are looking for a senior (lead) back-end developer to strengthen our team. Do you recognize yourself in the below profile? Send your CV and a short motivation to email@example.com
- Ultimate responsibility for the API / back-end component of our system. You work closely together with the CTO to implement our business/product vision on a technical level on the back-end side and build “full” solutions.
- Hands-on development of the API application as well as its supporting in- house Python libraries.
- Designing (improved versions of) a clean, modern, modular, robust and secure overall system architecture together with the CTO.
- Overseeing the work of your colleague back-end developers. Distributing tasks between team members and reviewing their work (merge requests etc.). Establishing and safeguarding software quality standards and best- practices for your team/codebase.
- Transferring your knowledge to the more junior members of your team and helping them grow professionally. Helping build a team of skilled and talented colleagues. Acting as an example for your team.
- Coordinating with both the front-end (VueJS) and back-office (task queues, datastores, scrapers etc.) components with which the API interfaces.
- Working according to the Agile philosophy, using the Scrum framework: daily standups, sprint plannings and retrospectives etc.
- Implementing and enforcing DevOps best practices like automated test suites and build pipelines. Testing and releasing applications to production.
- You are able to take responsibility for maintaining a clean and modular codebase which adheres to its functional as well as non-functional requirements.
- You have extensive knowledge of design patterns and are able to utilize them to design the best fitting software architecture for its requirements.
- You are able to meet deadlines without compromising the quality of the codebase. You maintain high standards when appropriate whilst taking into account the available resources and given time constraints.
- You are able to transfer your knowledge to more junior team members and help them realize their potential to the fullest. You act as an example to your team members.
- You have a keen interest in Data Science / Data Engineering (NoSQL technologies etc.) and enough experience with it to be able to interface
with the back-office components of our system.
- You keep on top of your game by learning about relevant new tools, technologies and paradigms as they emerge.
- You are eager to contribute the entirety of your experience and skillset to the company to always keep on improving our solutions and help serve our customers even better.
- 5+ years experience in developing with Python
- Experience as leader of a development team
- Experience with modern web technology stacks, in particular RESTful APIs and message queues (Celery)
- Experience with SQL as well as NoSQL technologies, in particular PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch or Solr
- Proficient in Test-Driven Development, experience with setting up and maintaining an automated testsuite
- Experience with popular DevOps tools and applications like Git, Gitlab, Docker
Nice to haves
- Experience with Django
- Experience in authoring, packaging and releasing (in-house) python packages
- (Linux) system administration skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A clean and modern codebase for you to take responsibility for. No old legacy systems.
- A team of highly motivated and talented colleagues
- Exposure to many parts of the business: business development, marketing etc.
- Free healthy, varied lunches
Note: background check required
These are special times, especially to start a new challenge. That is why it is good to know how Datenna as an employer deals with this. Datenna employees currently have the choice of working from home or in the office. The necessary measures have been taken at the office to be able to work safely. This choice also applies to you.
To ensure a good start, guidance will be needed, especially in the initial period. At times this will also take place in the office, but of course with the necessary measures and care. We will always coordinate this in consultation. We take the well-being and health of our employees very seriously.
Interested to join us?
Interested in this job opportunity? Send your CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this job opening (PDF)