What you will do
In the role of China Data Researcher, we are looking for somebody who wants to join our data research team. Within this team, your role focuses on investigating and researching data on the Chinese web, including online platforms. As a team, you identify potential data sources and, with your knowledge of the Chinese context, evaluate data for suitability for our platform. This role typically suits a person with an interest in or experience with data science.
Further responsibilities in this role:
- Identifying potential online data sources
- Evaluating the usefulness of data in large datasets
- Operationalising of data sourcing in close collaboration with our developers and data scientists
- Thinking of innovative ways to translate raw data into intelligence
What you will bring
- A degree in Chinese Studies or a different degree with a clear focus on China
- A demonstrable interest or experience with data science or data-driven research
- Knowledge of Chinese industry, economy and politics
- Reading proficiency in Chinese, preferably HSK4, as you need to be able grasp the bigger picture
- Experience with machine-learning, AI, or software skills in Python are an advantage
- Working with integrity and an eye for detail
- Ambitious, yet modest
- Eager to learn
- Helpful towards colleagues and customers
- Good command of the English language
What we offer
- A competitive salary (not like a typical start-up)
- Pension scheme
- Career development
- Commuting allowance
- Young team of passionate and talented colleagues
- Nice working environment in the centre of Eindhoven – with good coffee from a professional Italian espresso machine
- Daily freshly prepared lunch
- Weekly Thursday afternoon drinks
- A MacBook for work
- Regular internal presentations where challenges and successes are shared (no lengthy stories). In other words, a close-knit and efficient team
Apply directly via the button below!
At Datenna, we build data-driven intelligence tools for governments to help them close the information gap between China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to create transparency and deliver the world’s best intelligence platforms on the Chinese industry and innovation landscape. Our data and insights are unique in the world and are picked up by international media, for example by the Wall Street Journal and most recently by CNBC, Reuters and FD. For an example of the topics we analyse, have a look at our China-EU FDI Radar. We are open to new ideas and provide an environment that helps you accelerate and develop your professional skills.
When you walk into our office there is a very down-to-earth and easy-going vibe. We work with bright and driven people who are all passionate about their work and the way it contributes to the bigger picture. Furthermore, working together as a team, Thursday afternoon drinks and lunch (that Datenna provides) makes it a real community on its own.