What you will do
- Using the appropriate data storage systems for our various requirements. You utilize the strengths of the various types of systems (SQL, NoSQL, key-value stores, document stores, graph databases, etc) to realise the best possible solution;
- Support in developing a modern and scalable data processing pipeline. This includes assisting in various aspects such as designing, building, optimising, scaling and maintaining it together with the team;
- You help to ensure that the data which is acquired can be used to the fullest by various stakeholders;
- Facilitating data acquisition and ingestion;
- Closely collaborating with machine learning experts, data scientists and business developers, which each have their own requirements.
What you will bring
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Your educational background is BA/MSc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, AI or related;
- You have professional experience with building scalable data processing pipelines;
- You have knowledge of the various types of data storage systems available;
- You adhere to high standards whilst also taking into account the (human/technical) resources that are available;
- You contribute to help continuously improve our development processes, tools/stacks and methodologies;
- You keep track of relevant new tools and technologies within the field of Data Engineering/Big Data as they emerge.
What we offer
- Lively office in the technology-hub Eindhoven, 5 minutes walking from CS;
- A super young and ambitious team;
- Working-spots that fill your needs;
- Super-fast internet, state-of-the art equipment and beanbags for chilling;
- Company provided (healthy) lunch;
- A competitive salary;
- A decent number of holidays, pension scheme, commuting allowance and other no-brainers;
- And of course weekly Thursday-afternoon office-drinks!
Apply directly via the button below!
At Datenna, we build data-driven intelligence tools for governments to help them close the information gap between China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to create transparency and deliver the world’s best intelligence platforms on the Chinese industry and innovation landscape. Our data and insights are unique in the world and are picked up by international media, for example by the Wall Street Journal and most recently by CNBC, Reuters and FD. For an example of the topics we analyse, have a look at our China-EU FDI Radar. We are open to new ideas and provide an environment that helps you accelerate and develop your professional skills.
When you walk into our office there is a very down-to-earth and easy-going vibe. We work with bright and driven people who are all passionate about their work and the way it contributes to the bigger picture. Furthermore, working together as a team, Thursday afternoon drinks and lunch (that Datenna provides) makes it a real community on its own.