What you will do
- (Co-) develop modern and clean microservices in Python, based on our generic microservice skeleton project
- Help to design improved versions of our clean, modern, modular, robust and safe system architecture
- Implement components of our data processing and/or storage systems, under guidance of our data engineers
- Closely collaborating with our China (domain) experts and business development
Mentoring junior team members and transferring your knowledge and skills to them
What you will bring
- A passion for developing clean, high-quality software
- You have elaborate knowledge of software design patterns and when and how to apply them for the best possible system architecture
- You have an interest in Data Science & Engineering and have enough experience to be able to interface with the corresponding components of our system
- You are continuously learning about relevant new tools, technologies and methodologies which can make you a better developer
- You are able to meet deadlines without compromising core software/code quality. You adhere to high standards whilst also taking into account the (human/technical) resources that are available
- You actively contribute your experience and opinions to help continuously improve our development processes, tools/stacks and methodologies.
- At least 3 years experience in developing with Python
- Experience with modern web technologies/stacks (especially RESTful APIs and Microservice architectures), SQL databases, Django and common development tools like Git and Docker
- Optional (not required): experience with Test-Driven Development, ElasticSearch, Django REST framework, Graph databases and/or Kubernetes
What we offer
- A competitive salary (not like a typical start-up)
- MacBook, Windows or Linux laptop, depending on your preference
- Team of passionate and talented colleagues
- Unique challenges arising from the fragmentary nature of our data
- Involvement in many aspects of the business, such as business development, marketing and customer satisfaction
- Regular internal presentations where knowledge, challenges and successes are shared
- Nice and cozy working environment right in the centre of Eindhoven, with snacks and good coffee from a professional Italian espresso machine and weekly Thursday afternoon drinks
Apply directly via the button below!
At Datenna, we build data-driven intelligence tools for governments to help them close the information gap between China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to create transparency and deliver the world’s best intelligence platforms on the Chinese industry and innovation landscape. Our data and insights are unique in the world and are picked up by international media, for example by the Wall Street Journal and most recently by CNBC, Reuters and FD. For an example of the topics we analyse, have a look at our China-EU FDI Radar. We are open to new ideas and provide an environment that helps you accelerate and develop your professional skills.
When you walk into our office there is a very down-to-earth and easy-going vibe. We work with bright and driven people who are all passionate about their work and the way it contributes to the bigger picture. Furthermore, working together as a team, Thursday afternoon drinks and lunch (that Datenna provides) makes it a real community on its own.